Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Swimming day!! May 20th

Today I went to the club around 1 o'clock and started to help clean up the normal stuff around the club.
Then I went around 2:30 to the game room and hung out with the kids and played pool with the kids. Then I went up to the homework room and helped the kids with all there SFAs which are reading assignments. I read along with the kids to help them understand what they were reading. Then I went down stairs to see what else the kids were up to the in the gym after an hour of reading and helping the kids. In the gym I shot around with the girls on the girls side of the gym. After shooting and playing around with the kids for an hour I went into the pool room and swam with the kids and helped Karen the swimming director with the swim team to watch over them because I have my life savings certification. After about an hour and a half of watching and helping the kids with understanding how to swim and be careful when they do it, I went into the gym and helped with the basketball games that were going on, on the score board. After doing that for about a couple of hours I went back into the game room and played pool with the girls.
It was just another fun day at the boys and girls club. To help the kids do something other than be on the streets. I just can't get over the fact that I am given the opportunity to help out people that don't have much.

No comments: