Monday, May 12, 2008

2nd week...Monday..

Today was another day at the club.

  I showed up at around 1 o’clock and started with a meeting with Steve Kelley. We then faxed over my time card and got to some community service that needed to be done. Then after all the community service I went and hung out with the kids in the pool room and kept them busy for a little bit, then went upstairs and did homework with them until 3:45 where I went and played field hockey with the kids in the gym and had a little game after the game we shot around with the balls and sticks and the kids asked me a few questions about field hockey and what to do. This was for an hour and a half. Then we closed that up for the day and played basketball where again I helped some kids learn how to do certain moves. This is an awesome way for me to understand teaching and coaching. That’s what I mainly want to do when I get older is to coach. So after that the staff asked me to do the clock at the games that they were having for basketball. I did the clock until 9 when they closed. I think its awesome coming in everyday just being able to play with the kids and teach them new things. It makes you feel good having the kids look up to you.

   Today was an awesome day where I got to know a lot of the kids around me and it was a way for me to really understand how the coaching works and how to get a feel for it. I hope the rest of the days is as great as today!!

 

No comments: