Friday, May 9, 2008

Fifth day scrimmages inside

The weather today was terrible. It rained all day. 
   I started at 3:30 again today, and asked one of the workers Manny if I could have them play in the gym. He said yes and then put down the divider in the gym. Then I went up to the front desk where I asked to announce that field hockey was in the gym today because of the rain outside. Then went around looking for kids to come by and play. Some kids came out and we up on a little scrimmage where the kids had a blast, because the ball moves fast in the gym so they were put up to a harder task. The kids listened today because I let them play around and do what they wanted. We played for about and hour and a half just for a game. Since we were in the gym I got kids that didn't even realize that the field hockey program was going on it was nice. Then after playing a game we went into passing and shooting. The kids loved shooting at me because I would try and save the ball from going into the "goal" it was cute because they would always think they would score if it went 5 yards away from me. Then after the field hockey program at 5, some random kids asked me to play basketball and help them be able to do some moves on them for practice. So I agreed because I want to help people achieve there goals. I played and helped them for about and hour and a half. After helping them we played a scrimmage to use there moves that they just learned and worked out against me. 
   Today was a good day. Not only did I teach and play something that I love, but I also helped out other people with what they love. I still can't get over that everyday that I go there I am influencing people to achieve their goals because they see that I have. 
Today was awesome!!!

No comments: