Saturday, May 24, 2008

Friday..last day!! May 23

Today was crazy. 
  I showed up at around 4 o'clock and went straight to the gym because that's where everyone was. They were playing mini basketball games. So I was told to watch them because I could call fouls and call the game. Then after watching that for about a half hour I went into the swimming pool area and went swimming with the little kids to teach them how to swim with the swimming director Karyn. I did that for about a hour. Then went back into the hang out area to talk to some kids and keep them company. I love just being around the kids because they are so awesome they are willing to just sit down and talk to you. Its so much fun that they want to get to know you and want you to get to know them. 
  I then went into the game room with the little kids to play pool and just watch how they were doing with ping pong and the other games. The kids really enjoy being at the club and just hanging out with each other in a safe environment
   Today I did a little field hockey achievement awards thing, where I gave this kid a field hockey stick and a ball because he was the one who would always be out there playing and working hard to figure out field hockey. 
  I really enjoyed being at the club for my senior project because it really gave me an understanding about how the kids really need someone there to hang out with them instead of being in the streets. They need someone that is willing to take time and teach them new things and show them that you can achieve your goals just like many people do. 
  I left the club around 8:30. I was sad to leave and said goodbye to all the kids and hope they have a great rest of the year. 
  I had a great experience in the boys and girls club learning new things that I wouldn't want to learn anywhere else. That place is a great place to be with a healthy environment.

No comments: