Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday may 14th..half a day

At the club today it was a short day. The kids got out of school early around 12. 
   Today I went to the Club around 12 in the afternoon and started to play with the kids in the big gym by playing basketball and messing around. Then at around 2 o'clock I played field hockey in the big gym where they put down the divider so the other kids that wanted to play basketball wouldn't get hurt. We played it for about a hour and then the kids wanted to play dodge ball. When we played field hockey I just let them do what they wanted today since it was a half day. So I let them pick the game they wanted to play and they picked a big game scrimmage. So they played that for a hour. After field hockey we went into the small gym and played dodge ball where the kids were crazy. You can notice the talent the kids have and the focus and drive they have for just little sport like that. They get so competitive. I love just watching the way they get so into the games. Then after an hour of dodge ball in the small gym I went into the game room where I played pool with the kids. We had a match going on where whoever wins gets to play the people that call playing winner. It is fun just being apart of what the kids do each day. After playing pool with the kids for a half hour I went outside where they were playing kickball and got in on the fun. After kickball we went inside and I was told to keep an eye on the kids in the gym until 5:30 when everyone has to go home and that when I left.
   So at the end of the day I still am learning to be patient with the kids because they can be overwhelming and crazy. But now that I think about it more and more everyday I love working with kids and being with them. This makes me want to be around them more often and get a job where I can work with them and teach them things that will help them later on in life, maybe not being a teacher, but working at a boys and girls club or just something that will keep them away from the bad pressures in life, but I have a lot to think about when I get into college because I would need to change my major into something with kids. I will see when the time comes. But thats something to consider seeing how I love the kids at this place and want them to learn something from me as well as myself learning from them.

No comments: